Sunday, June 13, 2010

I held an Open House and showed some prospective buyers a million dollar home today.  Needless to say I came home from these perfectly maintained, meticulously staged, spotless homes and felt extremely overwhelmed.  I know it's not real.  I know these homes don't look like this everyday.  Would I really want to live in a place so perfect?  I would just be happy if my family would learn to put their own dishes in the dishwasher instead of just in the sink.

So far on my list of chores, I have cleaned and organized the garage (which is NOTHING like the home I showed today which was painted butter yellow with shiny butter yellow garage flooring.  You could eat off the floor of this garage - and where is all the stuff??)  I have sections in my garage dedicated to yardwork and tools, automotive and car washing area, summer stuff - noodles, life jackets shovels and buckets, tools and home improvement items, and sporting goods/golf clubs.  Then to top it off, we have bikes upon bikes, a Harley Davidson motorcycle, riding lawn mower, push mower and a huge section in the middle of the garage designated for "Garage Sale". Way too much stuff!!

Tomorrow is the day.  Room by room I am tackling this house.  Thursday I plan to have a housecleaner come and give it a deep clean.  This should give me enough time to clear a path, find the floors, and get things together.  I have ordered a new camera from Costco and hopefully it will be here soon.  I'd love to take some pictures of the before's and afters to post because I believe this will be a truly awe-inspiring transformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment