Thursday, January 9, 2014

Tackling that daily "To-Do" list

I am a list person.  I write lists for everything.  I write lists within lists.  You name it, I have a list for it; grocery lists, Costco lists, to-do lists, to buy lists, goals, thoughts, lists on my phone, lists on scraps of paper - lists everywhere!  I have many little spiral notebooks that I keep just to refer back to in case I forget something on my new list.  Sometimes I write things down on my to-do list just so I can cross it off and feel like I've done even more!  I can't decide whether it's a curse or a blessing.  Either way, it's a new year and time for a new set of lists. 


Life can be like keeping plates spinning.  There are SO many areas in our lives that we need to keep managed, it's easy to let a few plates fall.  Like many, I've set goals for the new year and the best way to meet those goals is to write them down.  I've decided the plates in my life that I need to keep spinning are: My physical self (diet & exercise), my mental self (books and mental growth), my spiritual self, my family, my home & my work. 


After scouring Pinterest and doing a little soul searching I have come up with my own list of things to do each day, week & month.  I typed and laminated my list so I can use dry erase markers to check it off each day (brilliant!)  I found my laminator on Amazon for a great price. 


Here is a copy of my list.  It breaks down goals, fitness, cleaning, projects - all in one handy list!




Daily To-Do List



 


  • Make Bed
  • Run
  • Tone (Bowflex, exercise ball, yoga, pilates, toning video)
  • Work
  • Dishes
  • Laundry
  • Prep dinner
  • Read – 20 min
  • Sweep kitchen
  • Clean:
    •  Monday – Bathrooms/main floor
    • Tuesday – Bathrooms/ Upstairs
    • Wednesday – Mop, empty garbages
    • Thursday – Vacuum
    • Friday – Dust
    • Saturday – change sheets
  • Project (Choose 1 per week):
    • Clean garage
    • Organize craft room
    • Clean out pantry
    • Clean laundry room
    • Organize office
    • Transfer videos
    • Organize movies
    • Clean study area
    • Purge closet/drawers
    • Organize desk area in kitchen
    • Game closet
    • Practice guitar
    • Make photobooks
    • Organize photos
    • Girls scrapbooks/school binders
I can use a dry erase marker to check off the items completed each day/week and then wipe it clean the next day.  I can also write on the page if I need to add to the list - I love this!  Hope this helps get you organized too!

No comments:

Post a Comment