Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Farmer's Market

What a beautiful summer day!  After several hours spent working in the yard, pulling weeds and planting a tree (Here's my bargain of the week... $2.97 Red Maple Tree on sale at Lowes!)


I loaded the bikes in the back of the pick-up and headed down to town to let the girls go on a bike ride.  While they rode on the Centennial Trail, I took the opportunity to do a little shopping in Snohomish.  I love browsing through this little antique capital of Washington.

Thursdays are also the Farmer's Market day.  I picked the girls up after their ride and we hit the market.  Live music entertained us as we got our Kettlecorn, Shaved Ice and the best part...STRAWBERRIES!  These aren't your Costco strawberries.  These gems are like God's little gift in a green pint sized carton. 

 They are to die for.  They absolutely melt in your mouth and SWEET - oh my goodness, you can't eat just one.  THIS is the reason I come to the Farmer's Market.  They were just picked about 2 hours prior to me buying them.  If ever you are at the Snohomish Farmer's Market and you have just $4 to spend on a treat, don't get the Shaved Ice (although it is wonderful...) you must get the strawberries.

Enjoy your summer!!

1 comment: